Buy a range of sizes in which ever brand of brush comes closest to this description:
You don't have to have all of them to begin, but do have a variety of sizes. Try
to have at least one of each of a #4, #8 and #12 Filbert. If you can not find all of
the sizes in one brand, then choose different brands, but DO get a variety of sizes.
- LIQUIN MEDIUM (Original) (2.5 oz or larger - MUST be Original!)
- TURPENOID NATURAL by Weber (16 oz or larger)
Don't waste money on a dinky, little container -
save $$ and get a larger size - you'll NEED it - trust me
- 2 PALETTES, Disposable Paper - Purchase two
'Jack Richeson GREY MATTERS Paper Palettes'
(it comes with a color wheel, gray scale and couple of
other charts on the inside cover - you'll LOVE it!)
- PALETTE KNIFE (Trowel style, 2" rounded point - Steel)
- 2 – 4 STRETCHED CANVASES - 16" X 20" (or close to this size, exact
dimensions not neccessary) Again, do NOT purchase 'Artist's Loft'
brand! You'll only have to return them.
- Joe's HAND CLEANER - you can pick a tube of this up at O'Reilly Auto Parts stores
(make sure that you get the creamy and NOT the kind with grit)
- LARGE Roll of PAPER TOWELS
- Small package of unscented BABY WIPES
- Old COTTON T-shirt cut up into rags (must be cotton because it has no lint)
- Tall Sturdy Can for BRUSH HOLDER (16 oz coffee can or small oatmeal barrel)
Don't just throw your brushes into your carrier!
- Squat, Wide-mouth GLASS JAR (for Turpenoid - Don't buy a special jar, a used pickle jar will work)
- Water Bottle with Water for drinking
- Bag or Box for carrying your supplies (anything that works for you)
- Apron or wear old shirt over clothes